With biking trails leading up to the Himalayas, Nepal motorcycle tours take the bikers to some of the most scenic spots high above the sea level and while your biking gets a great shot, the tranquility of nature that you can experience at the top is beyond expression.
Are you an adventure enthusiast? If you have a knack for the ultimate adventure in life, the latest trend of adventure motorcycling is here to push up your adrenaline! Know about all of the latest adventure motorcycling trends you should not miss out!
The segment of adventure motorcycling has been the bright spot in the otherwise slow economy of the motorcycle industry in the modern era. However, what is exactly an adventure motorcycling? And what are the latest trends associated with adventure motorcycling that you should know about?
Most of the adventure motorbikes or motorcycles are known to share some common specifications including a decent fuel range, crash bars, sufficient suspension travel, and so more. With the help of the high-end adventure bikes, the adventure bikers go out on a thrilling motorcycle adventure in Ladakh and other areas of wilderness in India.
Recommended Post: Pokhara — Himalayan Motorcycle Adventure
As far as the definition of adventure motorcycling is concerned, there are several speculations about the same. For some, it is referred to as riding your bike on dirt instead of the pavement. At the same time, for some riders, the overall dirt is not challenging until it involves something technical as well as challenging.
If you are a motorcycle fanatic and love the concept of adventure motorcycling, here are some of the top trends you should know about:
- Adventure Bikes on the Go: With the rise of the popularity of adventure biking, the adventure bikes have also gained huge momentum in the modern era. Royal Enfield tour India on some of its high-end adventure and off-road bike models is highly sought-after by the thrill-lovers out there. The famous bike brand Royal Enfield is known to feature a myriad of top-class adventure-based motorbikes that can be toured upon on hilly terrains and rough off-roads easily.
- North is the Way: As far as the location of adventure motorcycling in India is concerned, most of the bikers prefer heading northwards wherein the mountains reside. Some of the most common routes for adventure biking in India are the Himalayas including Leh & Ladakh. Some other areas that are favorites amongst the riders are Rajasthan, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Goa, and even some parts of South India.
- Biking Certification: While your passion for adventure biking is completely innate most of the time, there are others who prefer going for an in-depth certification course as well. In India, there are several adventure biking certification courses available with Saddleshore being the most famous one.
- The Worse, the Better: When you are riding your bike in the city, it is a common notion to expect gliding roads. However, when it comes to adventure biking or off-roading, the concept of “the worse, the better” applies effectively. There is more thrill in overcoming tough road challenges including potholes, rough terrains, and so more.
- Adventure Motorcycle Travel: While going on a ride is a different approach; adventure motorcycle travel is relatively a newer concept in this arena. You get to combine your thrill for adventure motor biking with traveling across the country.
Have great fun during your next adventure motorcycling ride! Follow these trends and become a trendsetter in your own rights
Here is a list of the top 7 most epic world records in the motorcycling segment.
Here is a list of top four outfits for motorcycle tours for women.
Are you tired of the routine city life and want to take a break by embarking on a road trip? Would you like to explore God’s own country-Kerala through exciting motorcycle tours in India? If these are related to you, then you have browsed to the perfect blog where you can experience all the necessary prerequisites for a Kerala motor bike trip plan in 2019.
The small state on the south-western part of India is a paradise on earth where you can drive close to pristine beaches.
Here is the checklist of most amazing beaches in Kerala:
Traverse the lush green hill slopes at Munnar and Wayanad, and come face to face with the enchanting backwaters at Kollam and Alleppey. Continue reading if you are planning for an exciting Kerala motorcycle tour.
Duration of the Trip
Since Kerala is a picturesque state with a fantastic combination of sea beaches, backwaters, hill slopes, and lush green jungles anything less than a week will not do justice to road trips. Ideal Kerala motorcycle tours last for about 10 days where you can start exploring the land from Cochin enjoying the sublime serenity of backwaters, after that you can head towards Munnar for viewing manicured tea plantations.
Do not forget to taste the heavenly local-chocolates made of rich cocoa and premium quality nuts from roadside shops. After spending a few days in Munnar drive to Thekkady famous for Periyar National Park and Periyar Lake. Nature and wildlife lovers like this place -thanks to its vibrant flora and fauna, including tigers, elephants, sambar, and barking deer. Finally, if time permits visit Kumarakom to explore its amazing bird sanctuary, which is an ideal spotting place for heron, cuckoo, owl, egret, and brahminy kite.
Choice of Motorcycle
Though the roads traversed during Kerala bike trips are similarly maintained as the other parts of India, motorcycle tours are strenuous, and you would require a cruiser bike like Royal Enfield Classic 500, Bajaj Avenger Street 220, Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350X, Jawa 42, or Bajaj Dominar 400.
These bikes come with excellent shock absorbents (telescopic front forks and mono shock absorbents at the rear) so that even the worst potholes and undulations of roads do not bother your trip. It would help if you also opt for a high-performance bike with an engine capacity above 200cc so that uphill rides become as effortless as highway driving.
Packing Must Have
Prepare a checklist on your smartphone or tab before you embark on the motorcycle trip. First of all, go for a thorough servicing of your bike; check the tyre pressure, quality of radials, and braking abilities of your rider.
Do not forget to pack a motorcycle jacket, raincoat, torch, power bank, bike maintenance kit, bike papers, identity cards, dry foods, and over-the-counter medicines for fever, stomach ache, and food poisoning. Finally, withdraw enough cash because it can be challenging finding an ATM at interior locations.
For More Check this: 5 Tips on How to Pack for your Motorcycle Tour
These were a few things to remember while planning for motorcycle tours in South India. Book the trip between October and March when rainfall is low and the weather remains favorable. Going with an authorized and experienced tour agent is an added advantage as they know those valuable details which you would not get in travel magazines and blogs.
If you like biking adventures then you must definitely have heard about motorcycle expedition on the highest motorable passes of the world. Here is a list of some of the highest motorable passes of the world.
Here are the top five packing-tips which would make motorcycle tours worldwide a memorable experience.
Originally posted on Sturgis Chick:
The dream that was born in August of last year became a reality on February 27, 2019. Hayley Bell started both the idea for a round-the-world relay ride for women motorcyclists, and the ride itself at John O’Groats Scotland in the UK that day. Dozens of riders took turns carrying…
Originally posted on Bon Voyage:
I set out on my journey for Ladakh with photography as my primary target. My five days trip took me to a couple of well-known places of Ladakh. I approached a number of travel agencies with a request to accommodate me with other travelers as I didn’t know how to…
With its rich and exotic history, colorful culture and traditions that represent charisma of the royal Rajputs, a holiday trip here will undoubtedly be an absolutely memorable experience.